12 December 2008

kicking, kicking, kicking...

Hey All! A little update on our little boy :-) As you can see in the title that's what he is doing! It's such a cool feeling. I've been feeling him since 15 weeks, but now he is so much bigger and stronger that his kicks don't feel like flutters anymore. For a little peek as to what he looks like here's a link: http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-22-weeks .

Last night Scott felt him for the first time! Normally I feel him jump on my bladder, and kick in that general area. Last night, however, I was sitting on the couch, knitting, kind of reclined and I started to feel him kick around my belly button, and a little higher. I was just sitting there thinking and feeling him when it got stronger, so I called Scott over. He sat for a minute with his hand on my tummy and suddenly the baby kicked and Scott looked up really fast..."I felt it!!! Wow, that was cool!" Scott then proceeded to talk to little man and try to coax him to kick more. It didn't work. :-) I'm so excited for this milestone. The biggest bummer about pregnancy is that while it is bringing Scott and I closer to one another, I can't share all these feelings with him all the time, like I want to. But! Alas, this is how our Lord created this process...

In other news, we still don't have a car. We are looking at the Honda Pilot. We went to a shady used car lot last night, in the pouring rain and were led around by Juan to many a repossessed Honda Pilot. The one that we were semi-interested in had been in an accident, which we don't want. So, we thanked them and left. It was a long night. Scott has a new top 4 and so we shall start all over again.

Meanwhile, we found out that our insurance is not paying for our rental like they said they were. So we are racking up the Christmas bill for Enterprise :-)

In our Small Group we are studying the book of James. How applicable here! So I leave you with this:

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

No comments: