Well, the Thanksgiving week is past, but our thanks has only increased!
The week started off with some exciting news that, not only are we to be parents (you/we already knew that) but we are to be parents of a baby boy *contented sigh*... Scott and I have desired a boy, not for any astounding reason other than that we really want a boy. The Lord does not need to give us a baby or a boy, but He chose to give us both. What a picture to me of Unmerited Favor!!!
Then the next day (Tuesday) my mom and brother arrived, both safely. I have not seen my mother in a year and scott in two years, it was very nice to have her to our house for Thanksgiving. It was also a blessing to have my brother for 5 whole days! :-) During the week we ventured out to buy some clothes for my college-broke brother, we made a large Thanksgiving meal, decorated for Christmas, went to NYC for the day, and celebrated the first Sunday of Advent together. Yes we did all that and baby and I slept very well, I must say...especially after our day in NYC...all....that...walking!
Thanksgiving was beautiful, we were able to have not only 3 parents but 2 siblings, a cousin and a dear friend, Jamie in for dinner. Ashley (cousin) decided to come to NJ to stay with "Uncle Ron and Aunt Linda" for the holiday, just because she wanted to see us all--it was really great to see her again, after 3 years! Many different things were raised in thanks to our Lord and Saviour...
The last, and most exciting thing about this week was that yesterday my mom and I were on our way to Bethlehem, PA for some shopping and excitement when we got into a car accident :-( I won't go into sordid details but my poor little Subaru is mashed in the front. No one was hurt and I went to my mid-wife last night to check on the baby. I'll just start giving praises right now about this little bend in the road because praise is all I have about yesterday...
1. No one was hurt
2. The other driver's car was not damaged
3. My mom was with me and helped me to think through the "what do I do now?"
4. The tow truck was only $48
5. Jamie, the guy mentioned above, is my mechanic, friend, brother in Christ and general go-to guy about many issues, ESPECIALLY broken cars. :-)
6. The body shop owner has been super good and honest.
7. We have no collision insurance....but we do have savings (praise the LORD!)
8. The whole day our baby was kicking me like crazy, as if he was saying "hey! don't worry mom, I'm okay!" (I actually watched him push my tummy out for the first time :-)
9. We have a beautiful church family that always cares for us in our time of need, and my mom noticed that too.
10. Nicole packed her 3 daughters into her car and came to pick us up.
11. My husband is one of the best in the whole world and just said, when I called him, "I'm so glad you all are okay, I love you so much.".
12. My Lord and Saviour always cares for me.
And just as a side note and a lighter ending to this crazy post...we are not naming him "Harold" :-)
04 November 2008
Alright, I'm back...emerging from the world of make-up and visiting nursing... whew! Some updates: First of all, we had our first "snow-storm" of the year up here. Did not take pics because Mama Pearce and I were out in it shopping and sitting on a closed Rt. 80. Tres fun, I assure you. That same day I had my 16 week check-up with my mid-wife. Little Harold might actually be a Harold after all. The baby's heart rate was 132...which is slow...which "they say" is a boy heart rate. Time will tell, we will be having our ultrasound just before Thanksgiving. Our plan is to have the ultrasound tech write the sex on a piece of paper (if they can tell) and put it in an envelope so that we can open it at our leisure. We are so very excited to find out what we are having. I felt the baby move for the first time a week or so ago. Which, they say is early, but I seem to be super in-tune with my body and can feel everything. Scott says I can feel my appendix working (he's not in the medical field, folks, hence he does not know that an appendix does nothing. :-) So anyhow to get to the point of this post...the first belly pic!
You can see my belly is growing, but thankfully the rest of me is not! I have only gained somewhere between 4 and 5 lbs. So we are right on track. So here's to how sugar makes me feel caffeinated and all the protein I need to shove into my tummy...yum...